State & Commonwealth Criminal Offences
Have you been charged for a crime or are you a victim of a crime?
If you have been charged with a criminal offence, you have the legal right to representation. It is crucial that you attain a criminal defence lawyer without hesitation, despite whether you believe you are completely innocent.
An allegation of a criminal offence is a serious matter. Any person facing a serious criminal charge is at risk of immediate imprisonment. The criminal justice system does not discriminate between types of personalities or who you are or what you do.
People from all walks of life with good educations and unblemished backgrounds walk through the doors of Saupin Legal every day charged with serious criminal offences and in need of a competent criminal lawyer.
It can be very distressing scenario to be charged with a criminal offence and at Saupin Legal, we acknowledge the emotional situation that you are placed in and strive to provide a service that you can place full trust in and gain comfort from.
With extensive experience in dealing with a range of legal cases, Saupin Legal Barristers and Solicitors have become one of Perth’s most recognised law firms specialising in Criminal Law. So, you can profoundly trust that we are capable of handling your legal case to achieve the best outcome possible for you.
As Defence Lawyers, we provide representation for:
Examples of Criminal Law legal cases in Perth.
Below, we have provided a range of case examples that represent how Saupin Legal can assist you with your legal case.
- Consider the electrician stepfather who told his teenage stepdaughter to change her risqué clothing before she went out one day. WA Police Sex Abuse Squad investigated him and he was later charged for sexual penetration and indecent dealings of a child. Represented by Saupin Legal Criminal Lawyers and found not guilty after trial.
- What about another stepfather – a Perth businessman – charged by his three stepdaughters for sexual penetration of a child after he announced that his marriage to the complaints’ mother was at an end. Represented by Saupin Legal Criminal Lawyers and found not guilty after trial.
- What about the middle-aged highly respected businesswomen who caught the train at Perth after a great day at the Melbourne Cup and ended up being charged with assault of a public officer – why because she stumbled and accidently fell on him. Represented by Saupin Legal Criminal Lawyers and found not guilty after trial.
- What about the hotel owner who waited outside a police station for his mate being processed for another unrelated matter and then found himself surrounded by police outside the station, thrown to the ground and arrested for failing to provide his name, disorderly conduct and assault of a public officer. Represented by Saupin Legal Criminal Lawyers and found not guilty after trial.
- What about the medical practitioner who gets into an argument with his wife and they both get into a scuffle and she sustains serious facial injuries after falling through a glass sliding door – on her account. He is charged with wounding, was represented by Saupin Legal Criminal Lawyers and found not guilty after trial.
- What about the nurse hounded by police before being charged for indecently dealing with a patient. The nurse was stood down from all clinical duties while awaiting trial. Represented by Saupin Legal Criminal Lawyers and found not guilty after trial.
- And lastly what about the school teacher and sole parent charged with unlawful wounding and aggravated assault occasioning bodily harm after defending himself from his ex wife’s new partner. Represented by Saupin Legal Criminal Lawyers and found not guilty after trial.
- Each and every one of these clients presented at Saupin Legal with normal backgrounds with no drug use or apparent psychological issue. They possessed good educations and held responsible jobs. They were respected at work and in the community.
- All of a sudden they are subjected to unimaginable levels of stress from the police investigation and the charging process, subsequent belittling appearances in court and finally, in some of these cases, a grueling day-after-day trial.
It can take on average between 13 to 18 months before reaching trial. During that time Saupin Legal ensures its clients are looked after for the entire period.